Another Tool

Friday, January 15, 2010

I decided last night to give The Patch a try. It can't hurt, and should be a welcome addition to my arsenal of defense against the smoking monster. We shall see.

Woke up this morning with hardly any cravings, though. Thought that was a little odd. Surely, it can't be this easy after only four days, can it? I remember last time I quit. Four years ago. I went to a hypnotist, and managed to quit, on the spot, for ten months. I don't know what happened to make me start smoking again, but when I did, I picked up right where I left off, as if I had never quit. It was the strangest thing.

But, here I am now, four days into my quit, and breezing through. Sure, I have a few moments where I would smoke the entire pack at once if I had it. But, for the most part, the cravings come and go so quickly, it's not really too much of a struggle. At this point, I'm wondering why I even bought the damned patch last night at all!

I suppose the extra insurance is good to have, that's why......

I even made my coffee this morning. I didn't make it yesterday because that is one of my triggers. Always had a smoke with my morning coffee. So, feeling not as confident yesterday, I decided to forgo the coffee. Almost done with my first cup, and not a single craving. Weird......

I should be thankful for the ease thus far. I always have a tendency to expect the worse. I think that's so I'm not disappointed or surprised if it's bad. It's how I approach everything. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than devastated. Makes life easier on me....

One thing I need to get a handle on is my eating, though. I don't think I'm over-eating a lot, but I could definitely back off a bit. Like yesterday. I ate an entire frozen pizza throughout the day. I know it sounds like a lot, and it probably is, but I didn't have anything else to eat with it, and it wasn't all in one sitting. I know. Excuses, excuses.

Anyway, I suppose the Whopper I had for supper after the entire pizza didn't help matters any, either. Will work on this.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP