So Proud

Monday, January 25, 2010

I just found out today that my husband is going to try to become an Ex also. He doesn't smoke anymore. He quit three years ago, but went to "chewing" those gross little pouches of tobacco. He had to. His asthma was killing him.

So, he's been chewing for a few years now, and has decided that if I can quit using tobacco, he can to. He did not buy any more chew today when he ran out. He also didn't tell me that he was attempting to quit, either. I figured it out when he was a bit quiet this evening, and I noticed that I hadn't seen him put a new chew in after we had supper. I asked him about it, and he confirmed. He's going to give it a go.

I can't lie. I'm so proud of him, I want to tell the world! I always joke around with him that his face is going to fall off because of the stuff, but to be honest, I'm serious. It scares me. Cancer scares me.

Hopefully, this will not be a concern any longer.

So, should he stick with his quit, this blog will become a two-fer. I'll track our progress simultaneously, posting the ups and downs, as I'm sure there will be, so you all can understand or commiserate with us.

This is about to get interesting!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP